Shipping & Receiving / Material Management Associate
The Shipping & Receiving / Material Management Associate is responsible for overseeing and coordinating activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment.
- Reviews shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Pulls and packs orders in the required containers and processes in accordance with the required shipping methods.
- Unpack, verify, and record incoming merchandise or material
- Addresses complaints, resolving internal issues and problems with outside suppliers.
- Conducts material counts as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
Experience: One to three years experience or related training.
Specific Skills: Good communication skills with the ability to deal with both internal and external personalities. Flexible team player.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc: Tow-motor licenses, Intermediate knowledge level of
Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Working Conditions/ Physical Demands:
Typical Production floor environment. Ability to move, pack and unpack production materials, with frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
Internal: Daily communication with all employees within the organization to discuss and share
information related to production shipments.
External: Communicate with customers, truck lines, and suppliers to retrieve quotes and resolve
Ability to effectively manage departments in order to accomplish daily schedules.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee’s request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To apply, CLICK HERE.